Gwendlyn Brown Admits to Missing Her Dad, Reveals Stunning Comment by Mom

As it turns out, Gwendlyn Brown may not be as close to her famous mother as we previously believed her to be.

We recently learned, for example, that Gwendlyn didn’t attend Christine Brown’s wedding in early October, making herself the only one of Christine’s six kids to RSVP in the negative.

Gwendlyn didn’t really offer a compelling reason why, either.

Now, meanwhile, the 21-year old has offered fans some more insight into her relationship with this parent.

n

Gwendlyn Brown and Kody Brown are split-screened in this photo.
Gwendlyn Brown and Kody Brown have a complex, not-especially close relationship. (TLC/Instagram)

Over the past several months, Gwendlyn has viewing new and old episodes of Sister Wives on Patreon, providing followers with commentary as she does so.

“[Watching the show] made me miss my dad,” she said this weekend, much to everyone’s major surprise.

“I’ve noticed the more I’ve watched this and the less I’ve been around my dad, the more I want to be around my dad…He was really a great dad to me for the majority of my life, when he was present.”

Ever since her parents split (in late 2021), Gwendlyn has said some rather harsh things about Kody.

Gwendlyn and Kody Brown will forever be relatives.
Gwendlyn and Kody Brown don’t spend much time near each other. (TLC)

But absence can make anyone’s heart grow fonder, you know?

In this same exchange with fans, meanwhile, Gwendlyn went back in time and told folks that she once told her mom about an argument she had with her dad, post-divorce.

“My mom was like, ‘I’m sorry your dad doesn’t love you,’” Gwen said.

From there, Gwendlyn claims, Christine followed up this cruel statement by comparing her daughter’s feud with Kody to a situation Kelly Clarkson sings about in one of her most famous songs.

Kody Brown just never seems happy.
Kody Brown just never seems happy, huh? We’re not fans. (TLC)

“She compared me to Kelly Clarkson, ’cause Kelly Clarkson wrote the song ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’ and my mom was like, ‘That’s just like you, Gwendlyn, because you’ve never had a good relationship with your father,’” Gwen said.

The whole thing was pretty weird, and a bit disturbing, to Gwendlyn.

“I was his Gwennie Bear!” Gwen said, alleging she did once have a close connection to Kody.

“Out of all the kids in the family, I think he sang the most songs about me. We’re just gonna have a moment where we talk about me and how much my dad was obsessed with me when I was a kid.

“I think I was honestly his little princess when it comes down to it.”

Christine Brown appears to be having a laugh here at the expense of Kody Brown.
Christine Brown is laughing at Kody in this photo. That’s what we choose to believe. (TLC)

In the Comment section, many folks questioned how Gwendlyn could still speak fondly about Kody… in the wake of him him calling her and her siblings jerks (among other slights) on recent Sister Wives episodes.

“He’s my dad,” she replied simply.

“I get upset with him but he’s still my dad.”

Gwendlyn Brown Admits to Missing Her Dad, Reveals Stunning Comment by Mom was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

Comments